Mobile Marijuana Advertisements - Not good for youth!

Mobile marijuana advertisements are prohibited under California law. Licensees operating in the state are required to affix their advertising and marketing to a building or permanent structure. That’s because the law stipulates any “advertising or marketing placed in broadcast, cable, radio, print, and digital communications shall only be displayed where at least 71.6% of the audience is reasonably expected to be 21 years of age or older".

San Diegans can take action against illegal party buses and other forms of mobile marijuana advertisements, including ads on pedicabs, shuttle buses and sign spinners:let your voices be heard by filing a resident complaint with the BCC:

Instructions on how to file a complaint:

How to file a complaint with the Bureau of Cannabis Control 1. Go to

2. Click on Licensees & Consumers in the ribbon near the top of the page 

3. Click on File a Complaint 

4. Click on File a complaint Electronically Using Our Online Licensing System 

5. Read the General Disclaimer and check the box agreeing to the terms (located right above the green Continue Compliant box 

6. Click the Continue Complaint box 

7. Read through the complainant information and then decide if you would like to provide contact information. Select choice and press Continue Complaint. 

8. If you decide to enter your contact information – fill out the form and decide if you would like them to remember your contact information. If you choose to have them remember your information fill out the form and press Save and Close. Then press Continue. 

9. If your address is correct, press Continue Complaint 

10. Fill out the Complaint Details page. If you have a photo or other supporting document, upload it to the page. If you attach a photo or document you must press the save button. Once attached, press Continue Complaint 

11. Review details to ensure accuracy and press continue complaint. 

12. Take a photo of the final screen showing that your complaint has been submitted.

By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to